I find cooking healthy meals is easy when you plan ahead. Making sauces and marinates ahead of time to use later is guarantee a success for achieving easy, simple and delicious meals for you and your family.
Below is a marinating sauce that you can make ahead of time and store in the fridge to use on just about anything you like. I use this sauce over cauliflower, as a base for stir-fry noodles, to stir-fry or bake any vegetable side dish, such as broccoli, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, and many other veggies.
This is an Indian inspired marinating sauce that is very versatile and can be used in so many different ways. I like making my own marinating sauce mainly because I then know with certainty what’s in it. No hidden harmful chemicals like most store bought sauces and marinates. It’s also so cheap to make and effortless.
Give it a go and see for yourself. Here is a how you can use this marinating sauce to make cauliflower.
Marinating Sauce for Anything and Everything
- 1 Vitamix or a high powered blender
- 7 dried red chilies (remove the stalk)
- 2 dried smoked brown chilies (chipotle will work)
- 10 dried Kashmiri chilies (these are not spicy, they mainly add flavour and colour)
- 4 cloves garlic (large cloves)
- 2 sundried tomatoes (large pieces, dried or soaked in oil can be used)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (omit if you don't have or use fennel seeds)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (omit if you don't like the taste of coriander)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh not bottled)
- 1 tsp sea salt (add more if you like, can also add later)
- 1/4 cup avacado oil (can also use olive oil, I sometimes use more oil if the paste is very dry. Depending on how dry the chilies are, will determine if you need more oil)
- Add all the above ingredients to a high powered blender cup, like the small blending cup of the Vitamix. Blend on high till well combined and the ingredients is ground into a fine paste
- Transfer to a bottle and store in the fridge for upto a month