I firmly believe (and scientific research says so as well) that eating whole vegetables and fruits are much better for you, for your gut health, and for your overall health than juicing or bending.
Why? Because consumed whole you get fiber from the veggie or fruit to help in reducing a glucose spike. Having said this, if you still want to consume freshly pressed juice and if you don’t have a juicer, you can still make fresh juice right in your blender such as the Vitamix blender. You need a high powered blender to make a good clelery juice, this is why I’m recommending using a Vitamix blender. There is very little waste and extraction is easy as celery stalks blended well in the Vitamix.
You can make straight up celery juice, by just adding celery stalks and water,. However, I like to add a couple green apples, a piece of fresh lemon and ginger root. Adding apple cuts down the strong celery taste, lemon adds a nice citrus flavour and ginger adds a tiny bit of heat to your fresh juice. Lemon and ginger also help in digestion. Blending the 4 ingredients together makes for a delicious fresh juice to consume in the morning or really anytime of day. Great on a hot summer day or works well during a juice fast or for a detox. But please keep in mind that you have removed the fiber by blending and extracting the pulp so your glucose levels can spike. Best to drink your fresh juice with a meal that has protein.
Freshly Pressed Celery Juice
- 5/6 stalks celery
- 2/3 green apples (leave the skin on, but remove core and seeds)
- 1/2 lemon (remove skin and seeds)
- 1 inch ginger (leave skin on)
- 1 liter water
- Wash and prep your clelery, green apple, lemon and ginger
- Add all your ingredients to a Vitamix pitcher, including your water
- Blend on high speed for about a minute, starting on variable 1 and moving to variable 10
- Strain through a cheese cloth or a nut bag or any kind of strainer and store in bottles with lids
- Consume within 3 days
- Note: The juice will change colour if stored in the fridge because of the added apple and ginger, however it will still be good to consume for up to 3 days.