Cabbage can be found in three different colours, leafy green, white or purple and can be eaten in so many different ways. From making it into a fermented dish sauerkruat, or steamed, boiled, fried, roasted, braised, stewed and eaten raw. I love eating cabbage raw. However, it has to be seasoned with the right spices and marinated for a few hours prior to me eating it, if not I can get extremely bloated and gassy when eating raw cabbage.
When I don’t have time to marinate my cabbage, I like make this recipe below. Massaging cabbage with a little bit of oil, a home-made curry powder and salt, then roasting in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes (on 425 degrees fahrenheit) makes this a perfect side dish. It’s also really tasty sprinkled over a bowl of raw greens while it’s still hot. It’s crunchy plus the hot cabbage softens the raw greens just a tiny bit and makes for a delicious combination.
Perfect Roasted Cabbage with Home Made Curry Powder Made in a Vitamix
- 1/2 purple cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp curry powder (1 heaping tsp, add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp sea salt (add salt as per your taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
- Thinly slice your cabbage
- Spread over baking sheet and sprinkle with avocado oil, sea salt and curry powder
- Massage well into the cabbage
- Bake in oven for 18 to 20 minutes, tossing at half way point
- Serve when its crunchy and hot over a green salad or as a side dish