I make this green smoothie when I’m in a rush and need a solid kick start to my day. It’s packed with nutritional seeds and it tastes delicious.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless , pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 16 oz
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 butter stick unsalted, melted, 1/2 cup or 1/4 pound
- 1 cup bread crumbs dried
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated , or 2/3 cup if you are using a Microplane zester
- 2 tbsp resh parsley chopped f
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- A large pinch of Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper ground
- 2 lbs chicken meat skinless, boneless, cut into pieces no larger than 2x2 inches
Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in milk and egg mixture and then in bread crumbs. In a skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat, brown on both sides until golden.
Set chicken in a baking dish.
Slice 8 pieces of mozzarella cheese and put two on each chicken breast. Pour 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella and bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti, garlic bread and a nice green salad
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a bowl, combine the minced garlic with the melted butter. In another bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter, then into crumb mixture to coat.
Place coated chicken pieces on to a 9x13 baking dish. Try to leave a little room between each piece. Drizzle with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Note that the chicken will get much more browned on the bottom side than on the top.